Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Choosing Granite






We did pick the granite for the kitchen. Glen and I went and after narrowing it down to 2, I went with Glen's pick of the darker granite. The granite was called verde butterfly. I know verde means green but on the large slab, I didn't see any green at all. The salesmen kept trying to pull us away from this color. I went to the car and Glen went back to get our sample. He gave it to me, and I thought he had the wrong piece. It didn't have just a hint of green. It was green. I was horrified.

We called the builder and let him know what color we picked. He was surprised. That night I could not sleep thinking about that granite. In the morning, I told Glen I was going to pick a different color. He called the place and the builder. Dennis was not surprised we changed our mind.

I went with Venetian Crystal. It looks very much like Venetian Gold. Next time I will listen to my gut!


No comments: